This section contains quotes from a
variety of sources covering many different topics that pertain to
of Running Quotes:
Quotes dealing with the mental side of running
Quotes from The Mental Edge byKenneth Baum:
Quotes from Running Within by Jerry Lynch and Warren A.
- "You also need to believe that improvement is possible. The
mind can become a crucial ally... it also can be self-limiting.
As long as you truly believe that you can reach your goals, it can
- "If you try something new, you may rediscover the joy in your
- "Plateaus can become a launching pad to the next level of
- "Remember that a baseball game is just a baseball game, whether
it's in a community league or the World Series."
- "The pressure comes only from within."
- "Limits we place on ourselves are nothing more than our own
failure to exercise our imagination and change what we believe."
- "How we talk to ourselves defines what becomes 'truth;, even if
it's not based on facts."
- "Sports are something you do; they're not you. They are NOT
a matter of life and death."
- "Be the best you can be and don't worry about how others view
- "If you deliberately plan to be less than you're capable of
being, then I warn you that you'll be deeply unhappy for the rest of
- "Limits are illusions or barriers that we manufacture for our
- "Sometimes all you need for a major breakthrough in your
performance is 'one more degree' of persistence."
- "Setbacks are a natural consequence of taking a risk and trying
- "All is possible- you just need time in the saddle."
- "Failure is the unwillingness to take the risks to grow and
become a better runner."
- "The arrow that hits the bullseye is the result of a hundred
- "You must be willing to lose before you can win."
- "Risking regret for the rest of your life is the worst risk of
- "Today's failure won't matter in 10 years but failing to go for
- "You cannot discover new horizons unless you are courageous
enough to leave the harbor."